Drawing Diagrams Question

IB Year 1 HL Computer Science
Forum rules
Please be careful about sharing personal information. Never use any identifiable information.
taylor
Helper!

Drawing Diagrams Question

Post by taylor » 19 Nov 2018, 10:11

Hello I have a small question about drawing a diagram for a system.

You mentioned in class that you only want us to draw the requirements a stakeholder desired in their system, but how complex do we have to get with that?

If they want a log in aspect of the design, would how fancy could we get with that?

Could we create a log in box, then a verification stemming from that, etc? Or is that exceeding the requirements.

I hope that was clear enough I don't really know how to articulate the question.

Thanks!!!!
1 x

Mr. MacKenty
Site Admin
Answers: 3

Re: Drawing Diagrams Question

Post by Mr. MacKenty » 25 Nov 2018, 16:32

taylor wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 10:11
Hello I have a small question about drawing a diagram for a system.

You mentioned in class that you only want us to draw the requirements a stakeholder desired in their system, but how complex do we have to get with that?

If they want a log in aspect of the design, would how fancy could we get with that?

Could we create a log in box, then a verification stemming from that, etc? Or is that exceeding the requirements.

I hope that was clear enough I don't really know how to articulate the question.

Thanks!!!!

Ok.

In general, as long as your level of detail is the same across your diagram, you should be fine. It wouldn't be good to have a really deep level of detail about the login part of the application, and then a really broad overview of some other part.

At this point in our learning what I care about is understanding:

1. can you conceptualize a system as a diagram?
  2. can you think about the major parts and functions of a diagram?
  3. can you look at a diagram and think what the system might do?
I'm looking for a broad idea of diagramming a system. This has been tricky for students in the past so I am starting less specific and getting more specific.

Please reply and let me know if this is helpful.
0 x